I am Moose. And before you say it, let me beat you to the punch: Yeah, I don’t look like a ‘Moose.’ I get that every time people meet me for the first time. I’m sorry I’m not built like Paul Bunyon with a thick manly beard. I got the name when I was a kid, a big kid, and a baseball coach (his name was ‘Bull’ Garcia) said ‘you’re big like a Moose, I’m gonna call you ‘Moose.’ And it stuck.
Some stuff about me:
- I grew up in the military traveling with my Dad and Mom and brother anywhere the Navy said he needed to be. I like to think I appreciate different cultures and attitudes because of it. I understand that the world is bigger than me and my Iowa surroundings.
- I love TV (like, love as in it might be a problem) especially shows like The Daily Show, Colbert Report (“Come back, Stephen!”), Justified, Breaking Bad (“Come back, Walter!”), Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Louie, Mad Men, The Bridge, Frontline, 60 Minutes, Family Guy, American Dad and more. Told ya I have a problem.
- I like movies but can only go to them at about 11am on a Friday ‘cause I can’t stand when people talk, text, kick, snort, whatever during the movie. SHUT UP!
- I got a wife and a daughter who’s gonna be 3 in July.
- Golf, woodworking and video games keep me happy and allow me to disconnect my brain from a job that can sometimes feel 24/7.
- I also do voiceover work on the side. Maybe you’ve heard me on a couple video games (Mafia 2), internet provider commercials (charter media) or other things (Des Moines Performing Arts Center, Iowa Lottery).
- I love getting a nap in the afternoon. I’m NOT a morning person so I gots to have my afternoon siesta if I wanna be any kind of value to my family.
That’s it. Anymore things about me will cost you a slice of pizza from Fia’s on SW9th cause their pizza is AWESOME!
I love you,
I’m Amy Sweet and have the challenge of trying to keep these naughty boys in line on a daily basis. When I explain my job, I say it’s like working in a junior high boys locker room without the nudity. I deliver the news with flair at 7, 8, and 9 Monday-Friday. I’m a Cyclone married to a very understanding Hawkeye, who has put up with my strange sense of humor for 12 years. We have two amazing daughters Peyton who is 10 and loves gymnastics and Kenzie Charlotte, who is 5, will most likely be our baller. You will also hear me talk about our fur baby Tilly. She is a golden doodle and sometimes the only one who will listen to me.
I love ghostly stuff and HGTV, I watch Walking Dead (sometimes peaking behind a pillow) and love the American Horror Story series. The Following, SVU, and Greys Anatomy are also shows that intrigue me. Truth is, with two active kids, I don’t have a lot of time to watch live TV.
I love a cold Moscow mule and a good sweat – not both at the same time because I might spill my mule. I’m crafty and enjoy repurposing furniture and antique shops and flea markets.
B-SoX was born and raised in Iowa, and has been with Lazer since 2003. He started out doing the overnight shifts at Lazer before joining the Morning Moose in 2007.
Things to know about B-SoX…
- He’s a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan.
- He’s the music director for the Iowa Energy and the Iowa Barnstormers.
- He collects swords, and old Coca-Cola stuff.
- He’s a bit of a nerd, and by ‘bit’ we mean he loves Star Trek, plays World of Warcraft, and oves comic book movies.
- He’s a fan of sci fi/fantasy books…The Dresden Files, and Kingkiller Chronicles are two of his favorites.
- Some of his favorite websites include… listverse.com, thechive.com, reddit.com, and youtube.com
- He’s been married since 2012 to his wife Steph, and they have two lovely cats named Kinnick and Wrigley.