Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10
The American Red Cross is sending in disaster relief specialists and equipment to the Philippines and also is helping people connect with loved ones.
• Communication is still very limited in the hardest hit communities, and the American Red Cross will also send two telecommunication specialists and a satellite system in the coming days.
• The Red Cross has activated its family tracing services. If people are looking for a missing family member in the Philippines, please remember that many phones lines are down. If people are still unable to reach loved ones, contact your local chapter of the American Red Cross to initiate a family tracing case.
• We are in close contact with the Philippine Red Cross, and more help and assistance will be provided in the days ahead.
People who want to donate to the American Red Cross to support the response for this typhoon can go to redcross.org
• Help people affected by the Pacific Typhoon by going to redcross.org or by calling 1-800-REDCROSS.
• Mail in a donation to your local Red Cross chapter.
• For corporate or larger community fundraising events, please contact your local Red Cross chapter. Contact information for your local Red Cross can be found on www.redcross.org.